Apni Party General Secretary Rafi Ahmad Mir on Monday urged the J&K government to implement the one-time employment scheme approved by the government of India for non migrant Kashmiri Pandit families without any further delay.

Expressing solidarity with the non-migrant Pandit families who are on hunger strike for the last nine-days in the premises of Ganpatyar temple in Srinagar, Mir said that it is highly unfortunate that the J&K government is sleeping over this important issue for the last many years despite clear cut orders from the union government and the Hon’ble High Court of Jammu and Kashmir.

Apni Party general secretary hailed the resolve of non-migrant Kashmiri Pandit families who did not leave their homes in Valley even during the worst period of turmoil in 1990s. “The Lt. Governor ManojSinha must order a time bound probe in delayed implementation of SRO-425 by virtue of which around 500 jobs were to be provided to the educated unemployed youth of Kashmiri non-migrant Pandit families.

These families are living in penury and they have pinned their hopes on this employment package,” he added.Mir urged the Lt. Governor to take all concrete measures to redress the grievances of Kashmiri Pandit community including around 800 families who have not migrated to outside Valley. “Besides implementation of the job package, the J&K government must ensure monthly financial aid to these non migrant families, accommodation and extension of benefits under Migrant Welfare Fund,” he demanded.

He remarked that even a Parliamentary Committee Report has highlighted the worsening economic conditions of the non migrant Pandit families which need an immediate intervention of the Lt. Governor. “It is highly ironic that the Disaster Management, Relief, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Department of J&K has so far failed to implement SRO 425 by virtue of which around 500 posts were supposed to be advertised for the non migrant Pandit families,” Mir regretted.

Referring to the inputs from these non migrant Pandit families, Mir said that according to an estimate by the end of this year, around one hundred educated youth belonging to these families are going to cross the age bar. “Around 70 youth from these families are said to have crossed the upper age limit eligibility criteria. So the government must take immediate measures to recruit other unemployed youth from these families who would otherwise be deprived of the benefits of this one time package,” he added.

0

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *